[TABLE FOR TWO] implementation
School lunches for children in developing countries for providing healthy food, were implemented as [TABLE FOR TWO].
Kabaya food is carrying out [TABLE FOR TWO], a social contribution campaign originated in Japan, which simultaneously deals with hunger in developing countries, obesity in developed countries, and lifestyle-related diseases.
[TABLE FOR TWO] activity background
Throughout the world, developing countries suffer from nutritional deficiencies and starvation, while lifestyle-related diseases caused by overeating and obesity are problems in developed countries.
'TABLE FOR TWO International' was established to eliminate such serious 'food imbalance,' and the activities of [TABLE FOR TWO] began.
[TABLE FOR TWO] activity detail
「“If you eat healthy meals you can send school meals to children in developing countries.”
When employees of companies implementing [TABLE FOR TWO] purchase a healthy meal at a cafeteria, etc., 20 yen will be donated to school meals in developing countries through the United Nations World Food Program (WFP).
[TABLE FOR TWO] Healthy menu • Guideline
- Approximately 730 kcal (680–800 kcal)
- Including a lot of vegetables for balanced nutrition
[Content of implementation with Kabaya foods]
Method of donation
- When you buy one Healthy Menu meal (400 yen), 20 yen is donated to the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) for school meals in developing countries.
Implementation time • frequency
- Every Thursday (not on the fifth Thursday)
- Limited to 15 meals.
- Wheat meal / 300 kcal
- Miso Soup / 81 kcal
- Herb-grilled chicken / 195 kcal
- Shredded Cabbage, Cherry Tomato / 6 kcal
- Side dish (Carrots, Shiitake Mushrooms, Boiled Squash) / 64 kcal
- Tofu / 49 kcal
- Pickles / 10 kcal
- Dessert (Jelly, Orange) / 27 kcal
- Total 732 kcal